[Information] Law Enforcement Officer License

The Firearms Licensing Division is responsible for handing out all Firearms Licenses and Guard Cards. All necessary and relevant information for applying can be found here.

Moderators: LSPD Lieutenant II, LSPD Sergeant II, LSPD Lieutenant I, LSPD Staff Officers, LSPD Command Officers, ASB: Firearms Licensing Division Command, ASB: Firearms Licensing Division, ASB: Firearms Licensing Division Supervisors, ASB: Command Staff

Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police Department
Forum Name: LSPD Media Relations

[Information] Law Enforcement Officer License

Post by Los Santos Police » December 30th, 2012, 3:26 am

spacer

Firearms Licensing Division

Law Enforcement Officer License

Table of Contents:
  • Section I: Issuance Criteria
    Section II: License Usage

Los Santos Police

Re: [Information] Law Enforcement Officer License

Post by Los Santos Police » May 2nd, 2013, 11:35 am

spacer

Section I: Definition and Issuance Criteria

1.1. Definition
  • Actively serving peace officers within the state of San Andreas are issued a PF, CCW, and GC upon reaching a set rank within their agency. These permits allow their holder to purchase firearms, carry a concealed weapon, and act in the capacity of bodyguard or security officer whilst carrying a concealed weapon.
1.2. Issuance Criteria
  • Peace officers become eligible for the issuance of a Law Enforcement Officer License once they reach the following rank:
    • Los Santos Police Department: Police Officer I
    • Los Santos County Sheriff's Department: Deputy Sheriff Trainee
    • San Andreas Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation: Correctional Officer I
    (( The Los Santos County Sheriff's Department and the San Andreas Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation forums contain a thread for the purpose of requesting LEO licenses upon reaching the proper rank. Applicants should utilize the following threads as the primary method of requesting the license.

Los Santos County Sheriff's Department: Thread
    San Andreas Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation: Thread ))
1.3. Revocation Criteria
  • A Law Enforcement Officer license becomes automatically invalid once the license holder is no longer employed by a law enforcement agency, or no longer meets the required rank for license issuance.

Los Santos Police

Re: [Information] Law Enforcement Officer License

Post by Los Santos Police » March 15th, 2015, 5:28 pm

spacer

Section II: License Usage

2.1. Standard Restrictions 2.2. Additional Alterations
  • Law Enforcement Officer license holders are subject to the following additional privileges and rules:
    • A license holder may possess a combination of no more than 3 of the following firearm types at any time (regardless of location of storage): handguns, shotguns, or hunting rifles.
    • A license holder may possess any model or type of handgun, shotgun, or rifle so long as the firearms do not violate the San Andreas Penal Code.
    • A license holder may perform private security or bodyguard duties whilst carrying a concealed handgun off duty.
    • A license holder may carry their concealed firearm into any premises whilst off duty.
    • A license holder must be in direct possession of their agency-issued badge when in possession of a firearm.
    • A license holder must not consume any alcoholic beverages when in possession of a firearm.