Questions and Answers

The Firearms Licensing Division is responsible for handing out all Firearms Licenses and Guard Cards. All necessary and relevant information for applying can be found here.

Moderators: LSPD Lieutenant II, LSPD Lieutenant I, LSPD Sergeant II, LSPD Staff Officers, LSPD Command Officers, ASB: Firearms Licensing Division Command, ASB: Firearms Licensing Division, ASB: Firearms Licensing Division Supervisors, ASB: Command Staff

Forum rules

LICENSING

COMMANDING OFFICER, FIREARMS LICENSING DIVISION
Police Lieutenant II Samuel Walker

ASSISTANT COMMANDING OFFICER, FIREARMS LICENSING DIVISION
Police Officer II Dylan Molina

OFFICER-IN-CHARGE, PERSONAL PROTECTION PERMIT SECTION
Police Officer III Nathan Hatfield

OFFICER-IN-CHARGE, GUARD PERMIT SECTION
Vacant
Jessica_Eponimos
Civilian
Forum Name: Thekillergreece

Re: (( [Information] Questions and Answers ))

Post by Jessica_Eponimos » February 29th, 2020, 5:27 pm

Hey.
I was in the SASD from 2015 to 2017. From 2017 to 2020 I was inactive. I returned today and apparently I still got "LEO CCW".
On my days, whoever resigned from the SASD, their "LEO CCW" would become "CCW".
Is this still in the case? How do I ammend my Weapons License to avoid confusion so that it's not LEO CCW but standard CCW.

Adrian_Peralta
Civilian
Forum Name: mxrs
Assignment: Harbor Patrol Division
Primary Sidearm: Glock 17, 9mm
Serial Number: 57372

Post by Adrian_Peralta » March 3rd, 2020, 11:54 pm

Jessica_Eponimos wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 5:27 pm
Hey.
I was in the SASD from 2015 to 2017. From 2017 to 2020 I was inactive. I returned today and apparently I still got "LEO CCW".
On my days, whoever resigned from the SASD, their "LEO CCW" would become "CCW".
Is this still in the case? How do I ammend my Weapons License to avoid confusion so that it's not LEO CCW but standard CCW.
Your LEO CCW should have been revoked completely. You are not entitled to a CCW, please do not RP it as such.

Jacob_Cade
Civilian
Forum Name: evaru

Post by Jacob_Cade » March 9th, 2020, 11:07 am

Hello,
Why do I keep denied for a reason - Two months prior last admin jail, but there's not such a requirement or a rule stated in those topics where are requirements and such?
Why are police officers making up their own rules when there's not stated such?

Erwin_Jager
Civilian
Forum Name: Piepstem
Assignment: Gang and Narcotics Division
Serial Number: 72873

Post by Erwin_Jager » March 9th, 2020, 2:09 pm

Jacob_Cade wrote:
March 9th, 2020, 11:07 am
Hello,
Why do I keep denied for a reason - Two months prior last admin jail, but there's not such a requirement or a rule stated in those topics where are requirements and such?
Why are police officers making up their own rules when there's not stated such?
This is not a rule that has just been made up by the handling police officer. If you read through the reply, you can see that a recent admin punishment can get you denied from applying for a PF, an admin-jail or ban will halt you in applying for a PF or applying for a position within the police department because of PD's standards.

krueger
Civilian
Forum Name: krueger

Post by krueger » April 2nd, 2020, 12:01 pm

do kicks get you denied from PF application

Randy_Stahl
Recruit Officer
Recruit Officer
Forum Name: yasinkl
Primary Sidearm: Beretta 92FS, 9mm

Post by Randy_Stahl » April 5th, 2020, 6:24 pm

krueger wrote:
April 2nd, 2020, 12:01 pm
I guess not unless they are for other reasons than being AFK.

Benjamin_Graves
Retired Police Officer III
Forum Name: Drills
Assignment: Vinewood Patrol Division
Serial Number: 63077

Post by Benjamin_Graves » April 13th, 2020, 9:13 am

krueger wrote:
April 2nd, 2020, 12:01 pm
Hi, I know it's late but this needs to be clarified.

Any admin punishment related to unrealistic RP, refusing or avoiding RP, DM, robbery crews, PG, police scenes related punishments, trolling, provoking in the 2 months prior to applying will get you denied.

Edward_Riggs
Civilian
Forum Name: Dwayne_Smith

Post by Edward_Riggs » April 18th, 2020, 3:14 pm

If I don't have a house or a business but I wanted to buy a license PF, what should I do?

Connor_Hayes
Forum Name: Hayez
Assignment: Traffic Division
Primary Sidearm: Kimber Ultra Carry II - .45 ACP
Serial Number: 58421

Post by Connor_Hayes » April 18th, 2020, 3:24 pm

Edward_Riggs wrote:
April 18th, 2020, 3:14 pm
If I don't have a house or a business but I wanted to buy a license PF, what should I do?
Hi,

You could rent a house or a apartment. You could also lease a apartment.

Francis_Ortega
Civilian
Forum Name: Blaugrana

Post by Francis_Ortega » April 18th, 2020, 10:14 pm

Greetings, so my car was stolen last night during an event at Conference Center, I parked my car in the nearest parking lot and unfortunately when the alarm sounded off, there was a big commotion inside the building, a guy was being shot and I was heavily distracted by it, but as soon as I got out of the building my car was gone, the bad news is, I have my licensed firearm inside of the car and I have a CCW, long story short I finally got my car back and my Baretta is gone, the gun was hid underneath the driver's seat and I guess the thief found it and took it. Should I file a report or something? I called the police but nobody responded, and I had to recover my car by myself.

(( I guess the thief saw the /ame before I got out the car and MG, out of all the car that was being parked in there, my fully secured Huntley was the one who got stolen. ))

Benjamin_Graves

Post by Benjamin_Graves » April 19th, 2020, 1:54 pm

Francis_Ortega wrote:
April 18th, 2020, 10:14 pm
Greetings, so my car was stolen last night during an event at Conference Center, I parked my car in the nearest parking lot and unfortunately when the alarm sounded off, there was a big commotion inside the building, a guy was being shot and I was heavily distracted by it, but as soon as I got out of the building my car was gone, the bad news is, I have my licensed firearm inside of the car and I have a CCW, long story short I finally got my car back and my Baretta is gone, the gun was hid underneath the driver's seat and I guess the thief found it and took it. Should I file a report or something? I called the police but nobody responded, and I had to recover my car by myself.

(( I guess the thief saw the /ame before I got out the car and MG, out of all the car that was being parked in there, my fully secured Huntley was the one who got stolen. ))
Hello,

Note that this topic is fully OOC. From an IC standpoint you'd have to report a firearm theft / loss but we don't have such system implemented on LSRP so then you're free to use the standard Report a Crime system. I am not sure if you get a monetary refund, sorry. So until or if someone ever clarifies that for you, you'd be IC cleared to buy another gun from the gun shop and when the stolen one is discovered either you get to keep the gun you purchased or it's returned to you (and the new gun you purchased is returned to the shop).

Francis_Ortega
Civilian

Post by Francis_Ortega » April 19th, 2020, 5:52 pm

Benjamin_Graves wrote:
April 19th, 2020, 1:54 pm
Francis_Ortega wrote:

Hello,

Note that this topic is fully OOC. From an IC standpoint you'd have to report a firearm theft / loss but we don't have such system implemented on LSRP so then you're free to use the standard Report a Crime system. I am not sure if you get a monetary refund, sorry. So until or if someone ever clarifies that for you, you'd be IC cleared to buy another gun from the gun shop and when the stolen one is discovered either you get to keep the gun you purchased or it's returned to you (and the new gun you purchased is returned to the shop).
I see, I'm not concerned about the refund to be honest, I've seen a lot of players abusing the PF license and I don't wanna end up getting banned because the gun that I bought legally ended up on somebody else's hand, but ICly I just wanna file a report for this case just to keep it realistic. And one more question, so when I applied for the PF and CCW, I added just one (Desert Eagle) firearm out of the three available, if I wanna add another firearm to my collection like a Shotgun or a Rifle for example, should I re-apply the PF license or is there another option to add more firearms? Thank you.

Benjamin_Graves

Post by Benjamin_Graves » April 19th, 2020, 6:08 pm

Francis_Ortega wrote:
April 19th, 2020, 5:52 pm
Benjamin_Graves wrote:
Francis_Ortega wrote:

Hello,

I see, I'm not concerned about the refund to be honest, I've seen a lot of players abusing the PF license and I don't wanna end up getting banned because the gun that I bought legally ended up on somebody else's hand, but ICly I just wanna file a report for this case just to keep it realistic. And one more question, so when I applied for the PF and CCW, I added just one (Desert Eagle) firearm out of the three available, if I wanna add another firearm to my collection like a Shotgun or a Rifle for example, should I re-apply the PF license or is there another option to add more firearms? Thank you.
You won't be accused of PF abuse unless you purposely let people rob the guns off you. You should indeed avoid storing guns in cars and if you suspect someone will try to steal it, you should store it in your house or somewhere else but this also depends on IC factors. OOC it's just a recommendation that you are careful not to have your guns stolen.

As for changing firearms: viewtopic.php?f=1284&t=233423

Francis_Ortega
Civilian

Post by Francis_Ortega » April 19th, 2020, 9:44 pm

Benjamin_Graves wrote:
April 19th, 2020, 6:08 pm
Francis_Ortega wrote:
April 19th, 2020, 5:52 pm
Benjamin_Graves wrote:

Hello,

You won't be accused of PF abuse unless you purposely let people rob the guns off you. You should indeed avoid storing guns in cars and if you suspect someone will try to steal it, you should store it in your house or somewhere else but this also depends on IC factors. OOC it's just a recommendation that you are careful not to have your guns stolen.

As for changing firearms: viewtopic.php?f=1284&t=233423
I stored my gun inside of my car because I'm currently renting a flat, but ICly I decided not bring it inside because there's a metal detector and I shouldn't carry a firearm while under the influence of alcohol beverage, but as of right now I think I should probably store the gun in another vehicle that I don't use regularly, thanks for the tip though!

Francis_Ortega
Civilian

Post by Francis_Ortega » April 23rd, 2020, 5:35 pm

If I wanna change my character name, would my PF and CCW get revoked? do I need to re-apply for those licenses? or I can just alter my identity in the forum just like firearms?

Benjamin_Graves

Post by Benjamin_Graves » April 24th, 2020, 7:27 pm

Francis_Ortega wrote:
April 23rd, 2020, 5:35 pm
If I wanna change my character name, would my PF and CCW get revoked? do I need to re-apply for those licenses? or I can just alter my identity in the forum just like firearms?
Hi, if you change character name your PF and CCW will be revoked on the new character. You will have to re-apply and re-pay for these. You will be unable to use old applications. In addition to this if you change name back to your old character you will have to re-apply regardless as licenses don't get re-issued.

viewtopic.php?f=846&t=258131

plozer79
Civilian
Forum Name: plozer79

Post by plozer79 » April 26th, 2020, 5:20 pm

Hi,

Can i voluntarily remove my PF license?

Benjamin_Graves

Post by Benjamin_Graves » April 26th, 2020, 8:03 pm

plozer79 wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 5:20 pm
Hi,

Can i voluntarily remove my PF license?
Hey, yes. Just PM a Firearms Licensing Supervisor.

phucben110i
Civilian
Forum Name: ezzy boi eh

Post by phucben110i » May 2nd, 2020, 12:17 pm

I can buy one of each gun right?

Shan45
Civilian
Forum Name: Shan45

Post by Shan45 » May 5th, 2020, 1:29 pm

I have been facing issues during licenses and I would like to know who is head of licensing or supervisor.