Questions and Answers

The Firearms Licensing Division is responsible for handing out all Firearms Licenses and Guard Cards. All necessary and relevant information for applying can be found here.

Moderators: LSPD Lieutenant II, LSPD Lieutenant I, LSPD Sergeant II, LSPD Staff Officers, LSPD Command Officers, ASB: Firearms Licensing Division Command, ASB: Firearms Licensing Division, ASB: Firearms Licensing Division Supervisors, ASB: Command Staff

Forum rules

LICENSING

COMMANDING OFFICER, FIREARMS LICENSING DIVISION
Police Lieutenant II Samuel Walker

ASSISTANT COMMANDING OFFICER, FIREARMS LICENSING DIVISION
Police Officer II Dylan Molina

OFFICER-IN-CHARGE, PERSONAL PROTECTION PERMIT SECTION
Police Officer III Nathan Hatfield

OFFICER-IN-CHARGE, GUARD PERMIT SECTION
Vacant
Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police Department
Forum Name: LSPD Media Relations

Questions and Answers

Post by Los Santos Police » March 15th, 2015, 4:57 pm

LOS SANTOS POLICE DEPARTMENT
FIREARMS LICENSING DIVISION

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

(( In Character ))

Q: Where do I find laws regarding the possession of firearms?
  • The laws governing control of deadly weapons, including firearms, are found in Title 9 of the Penal Code, beginning at section (9)01. These laws define the various types of dangerous weapons as well as restrictions and crimes related to their manufacture, sale, possession, and transportation.
Is there a limit on the number of handguns that I can own or purchase?
  • There is no limit to the number of handguns that you may own but you are generally limited to purchasing no more than one handgun in any 30-day period.

(( As an OOC note, you must only ever be in possession of one of each weapon you have applied for and cannot mass store or stockpile weapons in any way whatsoever. ))
May I carry a concealed firearm in San Andreas?
  • An individual who wishes to open carry their firearm must first obtain a license to purchase a firearm. Any person who owns a license to purchase a firearm is permitted to open carry in designated the open carry zone. For more information, refer to the Open Carry Assurance and Regulation Act of 2016.
Who is prohibited from owning or possessing firearms?
  • Any person who has a conviction for any misdemeanor listed in Penal Code Title 1 or for any felony, or is addicted to the use of any narcotic drug, or has been held involuntarily as a danger to self or others.
How much is the state fee when purchasing a firearm?
  • The total state fee is $10,000 which covers the costs of the background checks and transfer registry.

(( The applicant is required to do /charity and pay $10,000. The screenshot must be unedited. The only exception to the unedited screenshot rule is admins and testers. ))
Can my driving record prevent me from purchasing a firearm?
  • Yes. If you have a conviction for a firearms-prohibiting offense, such as felony drunk driving, your driving record would affect your ability to purchase a firearm. Furthermore, your driver's license must be valid. A revocation, outstanding ticket, or fine may cause your license to be invalid.

(( Out Of Character ))

My message(s) is/are in the Outbox. What does that mean?
  • Messages in the "Outbox" means they were successfully sent to the recipient but they have not opened/read your message. Messages in the outbox can still be edited but if the recipient opens/reads your message you will not be able to edit it (even if you were in the middle of editing it). Once your sent message is opened/read, it will be placed in the "Sent messages" folder.
How do I appeal an OOC disqualification?
  • You can file a disqualification appeal if you believe that you were falsely or improperly banned. All appeals will be thoroughly reviewed by the Firearms Licensing Division Command Staff, who will launch an investigation into the matter if deemed necessary.

Message the Commanding Officer, Firearms Licensing Division. Your message should contain the nature of the ban, the circumstances surrounding it, and why you should be unbanned. You should expect a response or a letter of acknowledgment within 48 hours from the time the appeal was sent.
I have a complaint against a Firearms Licensing Officer. Who do I contact?
  • Message the Commanding Officer, Firearms Licensing Division.
I have a question that is not listed in this topic, what should I do?

David Wolf
Civilian
Forum Name: David Wolf
Primary Sidearm: Glock 22 .40 caliber
Serial Number: 0

Re: [Information] Questions and Answers

Post by David Wolf » March 18th, 2015, 10:34 pm

Greetings, I'm contacting this department regarding the condition on open carry and concealed carry. To the best of my knowledge, and to ensure the safety of keeping a clean criminal record, issues on carrying a firearm on private property need to be further acknowledge by the licensing department.

Private Property
Many firearm owners perform various task with their firearm such as cleaning, hunting, sporting. However, many of this tasks require for the personal to either open carry, or conceal their firearm. If I'm correct with my information, open carry is perfectly legal on private property, or private property in which you have permission to do so, such as Goodguns, which has open lanes for practicing firing, hunting lands with a rifle, or when working an armed guard.

This sections seems to be only covering the PPS/Guard Card, however if you can help me with this CCP issue, I'll be gradly appreciative. I've been a CCP holder since 2013, however, I'm also certain, conceal carrying a firearm is legal for property owned or rented. What I am unsure of is, is it legal to conceal carry, without a CCP permit, on a property in which you are given direct permission to do so? From reasoning if the statement above is false, potential CCP instructors will know the person must get a CCP first before seeking live practice/training in the regard of concealed carry.

State Property
To my knowledge, open carry is not allowed on state property, such as, sidewalks, roadways, etc. This is void in the regards of being a law-enforcement officer. However, the question I want to ask is dependent on some other question so I will address that one first which involves a statement in the guard card license usage section.

This following statement seems kind of confusing: "The license holder may only open carry their firearm while immediately operating in the capacity as a security guard and within their area of business. This means guards may not carry a firearm during body guard duties, unless conducted within the premises of their employer."

Is this saying only security guards can open carry?
(Only active LEOs are allowed to conceal carry as security/bodyguards.)
If the above is true, when performing bodyguard duties are you considered a security guard?
If the above statement is true, conducting as a bodyguard within the premises of one's employer, does this mean only on the employers premises (like owned property), or anywhere as long they are next to the employer?
If it is the case of anywhere, is open carry allowed on state property when operating in the capacity of a bodyguard and guarding one's employer?

I hope my questions don't come off too complex-ed or rude. I'm looking to find a better understanding of the permits instead of acting on assuming to protect myself, and others from fines/arrests that might arise if otherwise. These are the missing pieces of my understanding.

Thanks,
David Wolf
Spoiler: show

Alexander_Darnell
Forum Name: WhiteShadow
Assignment: None
Primary Sidearm: Glock 21 .45 caliber
Serial Number: 55919

Post by Alexander_Darnell » March 19th, 2015, 1:12 am

David Wolf,

Thank you for posting your questions/concerns and I will be doing my best to answer them in order from the first question you wrote to the last one. Some answers may contain the relevant information to answer more then one of your questions.

- Carrying concealed without a permit is considered illegal. Answering that question directly is difficult to answer so what I can say is that if someone does not have a CCW permit they can't even have their firearm with them as they transport it to the private property. The only time a firearm can be put into a car if they have a license to purchase a firearm but no CCW permit is either if it's from their house to private residence, business to private residence, or when hunting.

- Those with a valid San Andreas Guard Card can and are only allowed to open carry as long as they are operating within the capacity of a Security Guard and/or Body Guard.
- No, a security guard protects a business and acts as an agent for their employer while a body guard guards a specific person. Acting as a body guard is only considered legal as long as you are guarding a person on a house/business with your employer being the owner/leaser of said property and has specifically assigned you to act as the stated person's guard. A good example of acting as a body guard would be that you are hired as a Body Guard for a Betting Shop with your specific job being to guard the High-Stakes dealer; The person hiring you is the owner/leaser of that Betting Shop.
- Open Carrying on state property is never allowed (Exempt for on duty LEOs) and is considered a misdemeanor as well as the revocation of all valid firearm licenses under the said person's name. It would be best to read and understand how far the property lines are, as well to avoid exiting them while armed unless in a life-threatening situation to avoid any "accidents."

I do hope this sums up your questions without causing confusion. Please let me know if there are any further questions you have.

Signed,
Officer in Charge of the Guard Permit Section
Firearms Licensing Division Command
Administrative Services Bureau
Retired Police Captain I Alexander Darnell
Ex-Bureau Commanding Officer of the Administrative Services Bureau
Ex-Investigator III (ID, IAG), Ex-Police Attorney (LAS, IAG), and Ex-SWAT Operator
June 22, 2014 - July 22, 2017

Thomas_Gardner
Retired Lieutenant II
Retired Lieutenant II
Forum Name: Kane
Primary Sidearm: None
Serial Number: 57306

Post by Thomas_Gardner » March 19th, 2015, 1:23 am

Are we allowed to conceal our firearms in a secured holster and carry?
Example: show
Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. If you want to test a man’s character, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except upon the side of mercy.

LS-RP Developer & Former Police Commander, CO of ASB

Alexander_Darnell
Forum Name: WhiteShadow
Primary Sidearm: Glock 21 .45 caliber
Serial Number: 55919

Post by Alexander_Darnell » March 19th, 2015, 1:32 am

Marcus Kane wrote:Are we allowed to conceal our firearms in a secured holster and carry?
Example: show
The holster must be "concealed," meaning it is not visible to others. This is only legal provided that you have a CCW or a LEO CCW.

You can not have an exposed holster unless you have a valid San Andreas Guard Card (LEO CCWs let you guard with a concealed firearm) and are actively operating as a Guard hired by an employer and are following the regulations and guidelines for the Guard Card.

Signed,
Officer in Charge of the Guard Permit Section
Firearms Licensing Division Command
Administrative Services Bureau
Retired Police Captain I Alexander Darnell
Ex-Bureau Commanding Officer of the Administrative Services Bureau
Ex-Investigator III (ID, IAG), Ex-Police Attorney (LAS, IAG), and Ex-SWAT Operator
June 22, 2014 - July 22, 2017

Theodore_Hutchinson
Civilian
Forum Name: Zuthrex
Assignment: Gang and Narcotics Division
Primary Sidearm: Beretta 92FS, 9mm
Serial Number: 50805

Post by Theodore_Hutchinson » March 27th, 2015, 7:00 pm

Where is the official map of "valid" streets in San Andreas.

(( I keep getting put on pending, even though no document states anything about an official register of street names - only about valid street name attempts (which mine is). ))
Alex Warren
Resigned

Adrian_Donnelly
Retired Assistant Chief
Retired Assistant Chief
Forum Name: Feenix
Primary Sidearm: Glock 17, 9mm

Post by Adrian_Donnelly » March 27th, 2015, 7:04 pm

Rachel_Thoreau wrote:Where is the official map of "valid" streets in San Andreas.

(( I keep getting put on pending, even though no document states anything about an official register of street names - only about valid street name attempts (which mine is). ))
The map of valid street names can be found in Section IV of the PF License Application Guide (here).
RETIRED ASSISTANT CHIEF ADRIAN DONNELLY
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

"We were the finest. We were the best in the world. We were a department that people came from all over the world to study, to look at, to see how we accomplished so much with so little; and we did."

Theodore_Hutchinson
Civilian
Forum Name: Zuthrex
Primary Sidearm: Beretta 92FS, 9mm
Serial Number: 50805

Post by Theodore_Hutchinson » March 27th, 2015, 8:32 pm

Howard_Carver wrote:
Rachel_Thoreau wrote:Where is the official map of "valid" streets in San Andreas.

The map of valid street names can be found in Section IV of the PF License Application Guide (here).
The street name I used is on that map.
Alex Warren
Resigned

Adrian_Donnelly
Retired Assistant Chief
Retired Assistant Chief

Post by Adrian_Donnelly » March 27th, 2015, 8:42 pm

Rachel_Thoreau wrote:
Howard_Carver wrote:

The street name I used is on that map.
You used Sokolov Road, however, Sokolov Avenue is the correct address.

"We were the finest. We were the best in the world. We were a department that people came from all over the world to study, to look at, to see how we accomplished so much with so little; and we did."

Intel1G
Civilian
Forum Name: Intel1G

Post by Intel1G » March 28th, 2015, 12:59 pm

Is it any possible way to get an unban from PF license applications?

Adrian_Donnelly
Retired Assistant Chief
Retired Assistant Chief

Post by Adrian_Donnelly » March 28th, 2015, 3:05 pm

Intel1G wrote:Is it any possible way to get an unban from PF license applications?
For in character bans, no.

For out of character bans, yes. You must appeal your ban by following the instructions that are listed on this thread.

Zachary_Cook
Police Sergeant I
Police Sergeant I
Forum Name: ImperiumXVII
Primary Sidearm: Kimber LSPD SWAT Custom II .45 caliber
Serial Number: 58561

Post by Zachary_Cook » March 28th, 2015, 3:08 pm

Howard_Carver wrote:
Intel1G wrote:Is it any possible way to get an unban from PF license applications?
For in character bans, no.
On your current name, no*
You can change your IC name.

OFFICER-IN-CHARGE SOPHIE THYNE
Legal Affairs Unit, Internal Affairs Group

ASSOCIATE JUSTICE ERIC CRADLE
San Andreas Supreme Court
POLICE SERGEANT I ZACHARY COOK
Commanding Officer, Media Relations Division
SWAT Officer, D Platoon
Tactical Support Officer, A Platoon
Watch Supervisor, Vinewood Patrol Division

Alexandra_Mayers
Civilian
Forum Name: -Skillz-
Primary Sidearm: Smith & Wesson, Bodyguard .380 caliber

Post by Alexandra_Mayers » March 29th, 2015, 5:01 pm

If I got accepted for a Guard Card, do I have the ability to apply for CCW meanwhile?

Greg_Dicatamo
Retired Police Officer III
Retired Police Officer III
Forum Name: Delanto
Primary Sidearm: Glock 19, 9mm
Serial Number: 50740

Post by Greg_Dicatamo » March 29th, 2015, 5:48 pm

Felipe_DeMontez wrote:If I got accepted for a Guard Card, do I have the ability to apply for CCW meanwhile?
Yes

Dequantes_Cole
Civilian
Forum Name: Idana1

Post by Dequantes_Cole » April 5th, 2015, 2:14 pm

If my CCW got revoked for being "intoxicated" while carrying a licensed gun, Can I re-apply for it/ appeal? ( I've not been arrested)

Adrian_Donnelly
Retired Assistant Chief
Retired Assistant Chief

Post by Adrian_Donnelly » April 5th, 2015, 2:16 pm

Zoe_Walker wrote:If my CCW got revoked for being "intoxicated" while carrying a licensed gun, Can I re-apply for it/ appeal? ( I've not been arrested)
No.

Dequantes_Cole
Civilian
Forum Name: Idana1

Post by Dequantes_Cole » April 5th, 2015, 2:41 pm

I can not appeal?

Adrian_Donnelly
Retired Assistant Chief
Retired Assistant Chief

Post by Adrian_Donnelly » April 5th, 2015, 2:47 pm

Zoe_Walker wrote:I can not appeal?
No.
Revocation Criteria for a CCW License
  • Committing a felony or misdemeanor offense.
  • Using narcotics or possessing narcotics for use.
  • Failure to identify to a peace officer as a license holder.
  • Failure to follow license usage protocol.

Chandler_Wright
Civilian
Forum Name: Foster161
Serial Number: 6542

Post by Chandler_Wright » April 5th, 2015, 3:19 pm

(( Good day.

I have a question regarding two particular licensed firearms for sale.
As listed, the models Colt O4091U and Ed Brown's SF3-BB-CAL2 are certified in state of CA (hence, SA), however, due to my not-so-deep knowledge of firearms, I am confused as which to portray in it's way. The 04091U is a Colt Combat Commander, while Ed Brown's a California's Special Forces Approved, but both are simply variants of the 1911 model, is that correct?

Furthermore, second question, the list is familiar to me - is it from the official California weapon licensing law? If so, I stumbled upon a relatively new article while I was at my police studies. http://oag.ca.gov/sites/oag.ca.gov/file ... yadded.pdf

Best regards,
-F.))
Slovak Police Academy Student (as of 2013)

Past: show
Previously
Chandler Wright

Sergeant II / Detective III / PO-III+1 (SLO)

Vice Division (now OCVD) Commanding Officer

Senior Detective on Akuji Crime Family Casefile
Lead Detective & founder of Irish Mob Task Force

&
Lead Detective & founder of
Road Slayers Task Force
Aryan Guard Task Force
Renegades Task Force

Wendy_Fox
Civilian
Forum Name: Parallel

Post by Wendy_Fox » April 6th, 2015, 9:46 am

(( Hello. I've got a question about handcuffs.

Acording the Guard Instruction Manual:
WHAT IS EXCESSIVE FORCE?

Examples of excessive force include knocking unconscious an unarmed suspect when he is only trying to leave the scene. Handcuffs may be used on persons who have resisted or on suspects you think may be trying to resist or escape.
So... are LEO CCW/GP users technically able to handcuff unruly suspects whilst actively working as legal security guards within his employer's premise? Then, I've checked with an admin if people use /tie with proper RP and both parties consent, there's no problem at all. Even as a security guard ICly.
I am aware that normal citizens do not have access to this /handcuff command, however off-duty peace officers do. What is your opinion about that? Is there any server rule against the /tie one? ))
Los Santos Government
Ms. Pamela Okamura - Ph: 8817
[email protected]