Therefore, this process is entirely OOC.
- If you have never been in the LSPD, you should not be concerned with this forum.[/b]
- Unless decided upon by Staff, you must have been in the faction after May of 2017 to be eligible for any of these roles.
- If you resigned at a rank below Captain, you are only eligible for Reserve Level III unless decided otherwise by Staff.
- The Staff Officer team may, at their sole discretion, make any exceptions to this criteria or deny any application. The reserve role is prestigious and is intended for members who have greatly contributed to the faction. Just being on a good standing with the faction does not mean you are eligible for a reserve role.
- Terminated faction members cannot be a reserve.
Reserve Level III (uninvited) - This is a role intended for retired faction members who want to keep in touch through Discord. That's literally it - a Discord group. You can post in general discussions. If you're part of SD, you can join this group without issues. The only requirement is you have been at least a Police Officer II since May of 2017. Exceptions might be made dependent on the individual. Rejoining the faction might be easier if you're in this group. This has no in-game function and in fact you're expected not to use any character ingame in this role - it's almost purely OOC.
Reserve Level II (invited) - Level II eligibility is generally reserved for former Captains and above. Generally this is equivalent to a Police Officer I, and they can only conduct partnered patrol. Activity expectations are between .1 and .5 activity per month. Once again, rejoining the faction might be a lot easier at this rank.
Reserve Level I (invited) - Level I eligibility is generally reserved for former Captains and above. There's generally no activity expectations. Level Is can conduct solo patrol and do their own stuff. It's broken down further once you're in the faction, but there's obviously some restrictions.
You cannot be a Reserve Level II or I if you are in SD.
RESERVE III - Former faction member ranked at least Police Officer II. Uninvited role. Keeps in touch. Same permissions as retired, just has access to the discord. Must have retired sometime after May 2017.
RESERVE II - Former faction member ranked at least Captain. Invited role. Can go in game to patrol. Must partner. Activity standard of .1 to .5.
RESERVE I - Former faction member ranked at least Captain. Invited role. Can go in game to patrol. Can do so independently. No activity standards, but should hover around .25 unless special permission is granted.
Reserve Officers are not eligible for transfer to the Sheriff's Department. Reserve Officers should resign from the Police Department if they intend to pursue a reinstatement to the Sheriff's Department or, alternatively, file for re-assignment and be granted a position as a full-time officer and then attempt a lateral transfer if the rank is suitable.