Frequently Asked Questions

Job Opportunities provides future applicants with information on applying to become a Police Officer, including basic requirements, application forms, and FAQ pages.

Moderators: LSPD Sergeant II, LSPD Staff Officers, LSPD Command Officers, ASB: Training Division Supervising Instructors, ASB: Training Division Command, ASB: Recruitment and Employment Division, ASB: Command Staff

Police Recruitment
Recruitment & Employment Division
Recruitment & Employment Division
Forum Name: Police Recruitment
Primary Assignment: None
Primary Sidearm: None

Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Police Recruitment » August 10th, 2017, 4:00 am

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Image FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
  • How do I apply to join the LSPD?
    • Read the Step 1 — Preliminary Background Application topic.
  • How do I get no-microphone permission?
    • Currently, having a working microphone is a mandatory requirement. There is no way to join the LSPD without having a microphone.
  • I am not level 5 yet. Can I still apply or get special permission?
    • All applicants must be at least level 5 or have a character that is level 5 or higher, no exceptions.
  • Do I have to join on the character that is level 5?
    • No. You may join on any character you wish, as long as you have one character that is level 5 or higher.
  • What is the activity requirement for the LSPD?
    • The activity requirement for most ranks is on average 1 hour of being on-duty for the last 30 days. You do not have to be on for 1 hour every day but rather have 1 hour as an average for the last 30 days (this roughly means 7.5 hours of on-duty time every week or 30 hours for the last 30 days). The UCP's Faction Center will help you in keeping you updated with what your current activity is once you are in the faction.
  • What does the 'Forum Account Confirmation' question mean in the police application?
    • The link the question asks for must be gained by you posting on your forum account your in game name. This topic can be accessed by clicking HERE.

Once you have posted, you must then click the sub-title located right above your post called "Re: (( Forum account confirmation ))", and select 'Copy Link Location', pasting it into the question in your application. It is important to do this before you apply.
  • Can I name-change during the Application process?
    • The Application process is IC, therefore you are not allowed to name-change during the Application process. If you do so, you will have to start the process over. If there is an urgent issue regarding a name-change, contact the Commanding Officer or Assistant Commanding Officer of the Recruitment & Employment Division.
  • My message(s) is/are in the Outbox. What does that mean?
    • Messages in the "Outbox" means they were successfully sent to the recipient but they have not opened/read your message. Messages in the outbox can still be edited but if the recipient opens/reads your message you will not be able to edit it (even if you were in the middle of editing it). Once your sent message is opened/read, it will be placed in the "Sent messages" folder.
  • Who do I contact if I want to make a complaint or suggestion regarding employment?
    • All complaints or suggestions are to be forwarded to the Commanding Officer or Assistant Commanding Officer of the Recruitment & Employment Division.
  • Who do I contact if I want to make a complaint or suggestion regarding training?
    • All complaints or suggestions are to be forwarded to the Commanding Officer or Assistant Commanding Officer of the Training Division.
  • Who do I contact if I have a serious question or a problem?
    • If you encountered any issue within the stages of the Application process, such as the Preliminary Background Application or Department Interview, contact a member of Recruitment & Employment Division Command who will advise you on how to proceed.

If you've encountered any issue within the stages of training, such as the Police Academy, contact a member of Training Division Command who will advise you on how to proceed.
  • How do I get unbanned?
    • If you received an in character ban then either name change or use a different character with a clean criminal record. You may re-apply on the same day. If you were at any time a part of the LSPD then you must file a reinstatement request within the personnel desk here. If you were terminated (dishonorably discharged) in character then your only choice is to file a reinstatement.

If you received a temporary ban you may re-apply when the temporary ban expires. Make sure that you don't receive any additional entries in your admin records.

If you received an out of character ban - this means that you will not be able to join the faction until the ban has been lifted.

In order to appeal any ban, you will have to message the Commanding Officer of the Recruitment & Employment Division with the following format filled out:
      Spoiler: show

Code: Select all

[center][img]http://s3.postimg.org/i25h1x1b7/REDsmall_126x126.png[/img][/center]
      [center][size=85]LOS SANTOS POLICE DEPARTMENT — RECRUITMENT AND EMPLOYMENT DIVISION[/size]
      [b]BAN APPEAL[/b][/center]
      [hr][/hr]
      [b]Name of the character that you were banned on:[/b]

[b]Date of the ban:[/b]

[b]Ban reason:[/b]

[b]LS-RP Forum account(s):[/b]

[b]List ALL current and past character names:[/b]

[b]Screenshots of current admin records:[/b] 

[b]Explain why you were banned:[/b] 

[b]Why do you think you should be unbanned?[/b]
  • Who are the Command Officers of both the Recruitment & Employment Division and the Training Division?
    • The Recruitment & Employment Division Commanding Officers are as follows:
    • The Training Division Commanding Officers are as follows: